The Ruger SP101 revolver is a double-action firearm which embodies many features found in the famous Ruger GP100 and Ruger Super Redhawk revolvers. The unique frame extension permits the use of full wraparound style grips of any desired configuration. This feature reduces overall weight and contributes to a desirable muzzle heaviness that helps to control recoil. The crane and cylinder assembly of the SP101 revolver lock directly into the frame, both at the rear of the cylinder and at the front of the crane. The ejector serves only as an ejector – it does not rotate with the cylinder. All of this mechanism is readily removable without tools and dismantles, along with the cylinder/crane group, into a small number of subassemblies for inspection and cleaning. The internal parts are installed either through the top or bottom of the gripframe; therefore, no side plate is needed. The resulting double solid frame contributes greatly to the extraordinary strength and reliability of these revolvers.
The Ruger SP101 revolver has a transfer bar which is connected directly to the trigger. The transfer-bar safety system provides that the hammer blow can be transmitted to the firing pin only when the trigger is pulled all the way to the rear. This is a positive internal safety feature. The SP101 revolver can be carried with all chambers loaded. When the hammer and trigger are fully forward, the transfer-bar is lowered out of its firing position and the hammer rests directly on the frame.
Features of Ruger SP101 Revolver
- Cushioned rubber grip with black synthetic insert has no exposed metal in the backstrap, making it extremely comfortable
- Takedown of integrated subassemblies requires no special tools, allowing for easy maintenance and re-assembly
- Transfer bar mechanism provides an unparalleled measure of security against accidental discharge
- Grip frame easily accommodates a variety of custom grips
- Triple-locking cylinder is locked into the frame at the front, rear and bottom for more positive alignment and dependable operation shot after shot
- 9mm version ships with (3) full moon clips that act as both a speed loader for the 9mm rounds and aid in the ejection of the spent cartridges
Made In United States of America