Match Champion Revolver
The Ruger GP100 Match Champion Revolver revolver is a double action firearm which is specifically designed for heavy Magnum cartridges and embodies many features found in the famous Ruger Redhawk and Security Six revolvers. It is the first of an entirely new generation of Ruger double action revolvers. The unique frame extension permits the use of full wrap-around style grips of any desired configuration. This feature reduces overall weight and contributes to a desirable muzzle heaviness to control recoil. The crane and cylinder assembly of the GP100 revolver locks directly into the frame, both at the rear of the cylinder and at the front of the crane. The ejector rod serves only as an ejector – it does not rotate with the cylinder. All of this mechanism is readily removable without tools and dismantles, along with the cylinder/crane group, into a small number of subassemblies for inspection and cleaning. The internal parts are installed either through the top or bottom of the gripframe; therefore, no side plate is needed. The resulting double solid frame contributes greatly to the extraordinary strength and reliability of these revolvers.
The Ruger GP100 Match Champion Revolver revolver has a transfer bar which is connected directly to the trigger. The transfer-bar safety system provides that the hammer blow can be transmitted to the firing pin only when the trigger is pulled all the way to the
rear. This is a positive internal safety feature. The GP100 revolver can be carried with all chambers loaded. When the hammer and trigger are fully forward, the transfer-bar is lowered out of its firing position and the hammer rests directly on the frame.
Features of Ruger GP100 Match Champion Revolver
- Triple-locking contoured cylinder is locked into the frame at the front, rear and bottom for more positive alignment and dependable operation shot after shot and enables easy re-holstering
- Ejector and chamber mouths have a light chamfer to aid loading
- Grip frame design easily accommodates a wide variety of custom grips
- Disassembly of integrated subassemblies requires no special tools and allows for easy maintenance and assembly
- Transfer bar mechanism provides an unparalleled measure of security against accidental discharge
- A custom Hogue hardwood grip with stippled sides permits an ideal grip for competition shooting
- The half-lug 4.2″10.6 cm barrel delivers lively handling for quick transition between targets and also features an 11° target crown for competitive-level accuracy
- Polished and optimized internals, a centering boss on the trigger, and centering shims on the hammer produce a smooth double-action trigger pull and a crisp and consistent let-off
- Ships with three (3) full moon clips that act as both a speed loader for the 10mm rounds and aid in the ejection of the spent cartridges
Made In United States of America