Die blanks allow you to cut a die for a custom chamber dimension or to create a new die for a wildcat cartridge. They must be reamed with a die reamer (sold separately) and are pre-drilled with a pilot hole. Standard 7/8 x 14 threads to fit most popular reloading presses.
- Length = 3.875″
- Width = 3/4″
- Standard 7/8″ x 14 Thread Size
- Knurled Upper
- Not a finished die. Must be reamed to the cartridge specifications of your choice.
- Upper end must be drilled and tapped for internal die parts such as the decapping/expander unit as well as the seater stem (available from RCBS).
- Lock ring for setting the die for a desired cartridge length not included (available from RCBS).
- Pilot hole of listed caliber drilled through die body
- Die body is made of the same material as used by RCBS and other manufacturers. Heat treating is generally not necessary as the die body will last a long time after cutting to the correct dimensions, as the body will then only have contact from the brass cartridge cases. However, if heat treating is desired, heat to 1650 – 1700 degrees F and then allow to cool slowly for 3 to 6 hours.